Certified Nursing Assistant
Christ House, a 24 hour medical respite facility for homeless men with acute medical needs, seeks a Certified Nursing Assistant who can work a flexible schedule 32 hours/week.
The nursing assistant is responsible for providing basic nursing care, including activities of daily living, non-medicinal dressing changes, and support to the patients on the nursing unit.
The nursing assistant’s duties include the following:
- Measure and record vital signs
- Perform admission procedures as directed
- Complete admission and intake form
- Assist patients in self-management and maintaining a clean environment by supervising patients in making their beds, storage of clothing, keeping bedside areas clean and neat and performing activities of daily living
- Observe universal precautions and use proper techniques for all treatment and dressing changes, implementing appropriate infection control measures.
- Assist patients unable to perform tasks independently
The candidate needs a high school diploma or GED and completion of a certified nursing assistant program. The person needs to be certified by Department of Health as a CNA. Current CPR certification. Minimum of one year of experience in an acute care/long term care setting. Experience with special needs population (i.e. homeless, HIV+, medically indigent, mentally ill).
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Barbara.Ryan@christhouse.org or email with any questions.
Director of Volunteers
Christ House, a 24 hour medical respite facility for homeless men with acute medical needs, seeks a Director of Volunteers. We are looking for a professional and personable team player who is excited to manage our local and short term volunteer program, oversee our in-kind donation program and engage local community partners who can provide services to our organization. This position would be well-suited for someone who is highly organized, creative, enjoys community outreach and partnership building and cares deeply about the issues of homelessness and poverty in our nation’s capital. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Serve as the organizational point of contact for volunteer inquiries
- Actively recruit, orient and place volunteer applicants
- Coordinate short-term volunteer work group opportunities
- Oversee in-kind donation program, including the clothing room
- Oversee and facilitate the annual holiday donation drive
- Plan and facilitate the annual Volunteer Appreciation Night
- Maintain up-to-date records of volunteer base and develop a streamlined procedure for volunteer paperwork and communication
- Assist Development team in building a broader donor base and connecting donors to volunteer opportunities
- Publish monthly volunteer e-newsletter
- Maintain and update volunteer and in kind donation section of website, including the Amazon wish list
- Be available and willing to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays, based on volunteer needs and events
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years’ experience in volunteer coordination, community organizing, and/or outreach
- Excellent interpersonal skills; someone who sees the best in others
- Experience and cultural competence working with historically oppressed peoples and a strategic understanding of social change
- Proactive worker who takes initiative, can work independently and also knows when to collaborate
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Process-driven worker
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with the DC community
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position and salary is commensurable with experience. Christ House offers generous benefits (medical/dental/vision, disability/life insurance, 25 days PTO and a 403B plan), and a work environment that strives to welcome people from many backgrounds into a mission of hope and healing.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, 3 references and salary requirements to Lizzie.Bebber@christhouse.org.