Credit or Debit Card. Use your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or AmEx to make a secure donation online.
Check or money order. Please mail your check or money order made payable to Christ House to:
1717 Columbia Road, NW
Washington, DC 20009
Recurring Monthly Gift. To establish a recurring monthly gift using your credit card, please call our development office at (202) 328-1100. Or, if you bank electronically, you can establish an automatic payment on your bank’s website that will be mailed to Christ House. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions or need assistance establishing a monthly recurring gift.
Tribute and Alternative gifts. Each year, several friends of the homeless choose to honor the memory of a loved one by inviting others to give to Christ House. Please notify our development office of expected gifts and we will notify you of all gifts received. We can also work with you to create a fitting Memorial Program if you desire. For example, friends of a former kitchen volunteer recently funded a year-long Saturday Lunch Program.
We will also work with you to create the perfect “In Honor Of” or alternate holiday gift. People have made gifts in honor of birthdays, anniversaries, ordinations, and other events. One young couple recently asked that gifts be made to Christ House in lieu of gifts at their wedding.
Electronic Funds Transfer. If you use electronic bank services for bill payment, it is simple to set Christ House up to receive a monthly remittance. Alternatively, please contact our development office with your banking information, and we will initiate a monthly electronic funds transfer on your behalf.
- Federal Employee Giving Program/Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). The CFC gives federal workers, retirees, and government contractors an efficient, cost-effective, and employee-focused opportunity to support the causes closest to their hearts. During the campaign season from Sept. 1 – Dec. 15 each year, you can designate Christ House as a recipient of your contribution by recording the following numbers on your pledge form. Our CFC Number is 34256. Our United Way of the National Capital Area Designation Code is 8385. Find your local campaign here. Find frequently asked questions about the CFC here.
- Matching gifts. Many employers, foundations, and other organizations will match charitable gifts up to two- to three-fold. Here’s what you need to do:
- Contact your Human Resources Office about whether your company has a matching gift program.
- Request a Matching Gift form from your Human Resources department.
- Complete the form and sign it. Send it to Christ House.
Some organizations also match volunteer hours and non-monetary gifts. If you are a spouse, a board member, or a retiree, your gifts may still be eligible to be matched. Ask your employer for the guidelines of the program. You may be able to greatly magnify your giving through these simple steps.
Bequests. Many people find that the best way of caring for the sick, homeless persons who come to Christ House is in the form of an estate gift. A bequest can be specific sum, a percentage of your estate, or the remainder of your estate after expenses and gifts to loved ones. Bequests can include cash, securities, real estate, houses, and personal property such as valuable collections, art, or jewelry. It is best to consult with your attorney or other estate advisor. Although it is not a requirement by law, we appreciate being notified when Christ House is included in your will. Following are examples of how to name Christ House as a full or partial beneficiary of your estate.
- OUTRIGHT BEQUEST – I give to Christ House, Washington, DC, the sum of $___________ (or if property, describe).
- PERCENT BENEFICIARY – I give to Christ House, Washington, DC, ______% of my estate.
- CONTINGENT BEQUEST – If the above named beneficiaries should predecease me, then I give the same to Christ House, Washington, DC.
- BEQUEST OF RESIDUE – I give all the rest of my property to Christ House, Washington, DC.
Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Fund and IRA Rollovers.To make a gift of stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares to Christ House, please do not sell the securities first. Contact your broker or Sarah Katz, Director of Development, for assistance at 202-328-1100 or email@example.com. In most cases, ownership of your stock can be electronically transferred. Our broker can be reached at:
Mr. Skip Moosher