Year-Long Volunteer Positions
FAQ’s about the Year-Long Program
YLV Application Form (2018-2019)
YLV Reference Form (2018-2019)
Thank you for your interest in year-long volunteer service at Christ House! Volunteering full-time in the Christ House community (40 hours per week) offers individuals the opportunity to serve those who are homeless and sick in Washington, DC and live in an intentional volunteer residential community at Emmanuel House. The 2018-2019 year of service begins on Friday June 8, 2018 and ends on Friday June 7, 2019.
** Contact Christine Paukstis (email@example.com) if you have any questions.**
To apply, please submit the following information:
- A completed Christ House Year-Long Volunteer APPLICATION, electronically signed and dated by the applicant
- THREE REFERENCE FORMS from the following individuals, submitted by each reference directly to YLV@christhouse.org:
- An employer or supervisor who can speak to your work ethic and character.
- A professor, advisor, or pastor who understands your motivations for service.
- A non-family member you have lived with in the past two years who can offer perspective about you as a potential roommate and community member.
Submit your application via email attachment to: YLV@christhouse.org. SUBJECT: “(First and Last Name) YLV Application”
Reference forms should be submitted by each reference in an email attachment directly to YLV@christhouse.org. SUBJECT: “YLV Reference Form for (Applicant First and Last Name)”
For more information on our application process, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.