We are extremely grateful to our generous donors who provide needed items for Christ House patients. In order to make the best use of our limited storage space and to ensure that patients have access to clothing and toiletries that they most urgently need, we have created the following in-kind donation policy:
How to give:
Donations will only be received during our business hours unless a special appointment is made with an appropriate staff member in advance:
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 5:00 pm*
*Note that our offices are closed on all Federal Holidays. If you have any questions, please call ahead to verify that we can accept the donation: (202) 328.1100.
You can also mail your donations to:
1717 Columbia Road NW
Washington, D.C. 20009
Not sure what to give? Start here:
- SmarTrip cards: A SmarTrip® card is a permanent, rechargeable card used to pay Metrorail and local bus system fares in Washington, D.C.
- Only good quality, gently used and clean men’s clothing:
- Jeans, khakis, shorts: Waist sizes 30-42
- Sweatpants and sweatshirts: all sizes
- Shirts: Sizes S – M – L – XL – 2XL – 3XL
- Sneakers/Tennis shoes (clean and in good condition)
- NO dress clothing (suits, sport coats, ties, dress shoes, etc.)
- NO women’s clothing
- Unused, travel-size men’s toiletries:
- Deodorant, shaving cream, disposable razors, skin lotions, and shampoo
- NO mouthwash
- Specific food items.
For currently needed items contact Executive Chef, Miri Jung: (202) 328-1100 or Miri.Jung@christhouse.org.
- Some medical supplies and appliances, depending on current need.
- For currently needed items contact Clinical Services Assistant, Sophia Bills: (202) 328-1100
In-Kind Drives: Contact email@example.com to learn how to organize an in-kind drive at your school, church, or organization.
Tax Receipts: Christ House will provide tax receipts for donations as requested.
Questions? Contact the Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Men’s Casual Clothing:
We regularly need men’s casual, seasonally appropriate, new and clean used clothing items. Our patients are recovering from illness so they need comfortable clothing and soft-bottomed shoes, like sneakers. Here are our ongoing needs. More urgent needs in bold.
- Jeans, khakis, and sweatpants (especially large)
- Underwear (NEW, white briefs, especially size large)
- Slide-on rubber shoes for the shower (no flip-flops)
- Short-sleeved shirts
- White short-sleeved undershirts (Sizes 2XL – 3XL)
- Sweatshirts and zip-up, hooded sweatshirts (especially size M & L)
- Casual shoes and sneakers (especially wide widths and rubber soles, sizes 9-16)
We accept sealed, unopened, and goods that have not expired. Here are our ongoing needs.
- Olive Oil
- Black Tea Bags
- Ground Coffee
- Powdered Creamer