At Christ House, the medically vulnerable men experiencing homelessness who come to us are not just our clients. When they are in our care, they are our neighbors and our community members. We opened our doors in 1985 as the first medical respite facility for sick, homeless patients in the country and are still the only such medical respite program for men experiencing homelessness in Washington, D.C. Since that time, we have remained on the cutting edge of conversation around radical hospitality, inclusion, and healing.
You will have no typical day here.
Kairos Program Director
Description: We are seeking a full-time professional to provide leadership to the Kairos Program, Christ House’s long-term housing community for chronically ill men in addiction recovery. The Director will work with the Addictions Counselor, the Housing Coordinator, and the Medical Care Coordinator to create a supportive environment where residents engage in peer support, have their medical cases followed closely, remain in compliance with federal housing standards, and reap the maximum benefit from their individual recovery program.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in social services or related field a plus
• 5 years’ experience in related field with focus on community building
• Experience working with persons experiencing homelessness
• Strong interpersonal, engagement, and organizational skills
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with facility management and upkeep
• Willingness to work with people from various backgrounds
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Belief in radical hospitality
Salary: $57,000-62,000 based on experience.
• Low cost medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Employer-paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance
• 403(b) option with employer contribution
• 19 days paid vacation first year of employment; sick leave; 10 paid holidays
We believe in the whole person and invest accordingly.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your subject line should read: “Kairos Program Director”.