At Christ House, the medically vulnerable men experiencing homelessness who come to us are not just our clients. When they are in our care, they are our neighbors and our community members. We opened our doors in 1985 as the first medical respite facility for sick, homeless patients in the country and are still the only such medical respite program for men experiencing homelessness in Washington, D.C. Since that time, we have remained on the cutting edge of conversation around radical hospitality, inclusion, and healing.
You will have no typical day here.
Christ House is seeking a chaplain to join our staff team. This position is responsible for providing pastoral care and building helping relationships with patients and staff to encourage a holistic, healing community.
Essential functions include:
- Provide individual and small group pastoral care for a 33-bed, 24-7 medical respite facility for homeless men.
- Participate and assist with weekly spiritual life activities including Sunday morning worship services, table fellowship communal dinners, and evening prayer, as well as other special events and holidays.
- Desire to build community among Christ House patients, Kairos program participants, staff, and volunteers.
- Engage patients in formal and informal settings, such as, accompaniment to appointments, visits in hospitals and nursing homes, during meal times, and in the courtyard.
- Opportunity to present the teaching at Sunday morning worship.
- Support and contribute to a diverse and interdenominational staff of 50-60.
- Facilitate one-day and weekend retreats.
- Attend weekly team meetings and patient community meetings.
$50,000 to $60,000
Commensurate with experience.
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.