Part-Time Volunteer Services Associate
Description: Christ House is a medical respite facility for men experiencing homelessness. We provide 24-hour medical care in a residential setting for patients who are too sick to be on the street or in a shelter, but are not sick enough to stay in the hospital. We are currently seeking a part-time Volunteer Services Associate to support Christ House’s volunteer department 15-20 hours each week.
Volunteer Services Associate Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Volunteers in recruitment and orientation of new volunteers
- Help to coordinate volunteer schedules and ensure roles are filled through timely and effective communication
- Contribute to the management, distribution, and recording of in-kind donations
- Track and record monthly, quarterly, and annual volunteer reports
- Support in the planning and implementation of activities and events, including but not limited to: Volunteer Appreciation Night, Christ House Christmas Party, Christmas gift drive and distribution, Year Long Volunteer orientation and arrival.
- Facilitate work groups and special event groups on various projects
- Attend volunteer recruitment fairs and other events representing Christ House
- Other responsibilities: Oversee the monthly Volunteer E-Newsletter, assist with special projects, create and post content to our social media platforms, provide tours of the facility, and serve as a receptionist as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A commitment to and enthusiasm for the mission and values of Christ House (www.christhouse.org/mission-vision)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in various volunteer roles or within a non-profit is helpful
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work with people of diverse social and cultural backgrounds, including colleagues within the organization and the population of people served
- Eager to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent professional judgment and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong attention to detail and creative ideas towards problem solving
- Positive energy and high level of comfort with public speaking
- A desire to help facilitate meaningful experiences for individuals seeking volunteer opportunities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to be present during holidays and some evenings and weekends a must
Please submit cover letter, resume, and 1-page writing sample to email@example.com