Volunteers are a vital part of the Christ House community that help sustain our mission of providing comprehensive and compassionate care for people experiencing homelessness with acute medical needs in Washington, DC. All volunteer opportunities, tours, and community activities are open, and we accommodate individuals and groups of up to 12 people.
- Food Services Volunteer
- Nurse Station Phone Volunteer
- Kairos House “Clean Up Crew”
- Instructor for Patient Activity (ex: yoga, meditation, art, writing, etc.)
- Gardening and Holiday (as-needed)
- Please create an account in VolunteerHub.
- Once your account is created, our staff will verify your account, and reach out within 3 days to schedule an in-person tour and orientation. Please click here to view our updated volunteer waiver, which is also available in the account creation process.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com or call (202) 328-1100.
Keep in Touch:
- If you would like to be the first to hear about exciting new volunteer opportunities (like holiday events and patient activities), sign up for our volunteer newsletter here.
- All volunteers must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. A booster shot is required.
- All volunteers must wear a medical-grade disposable mask or a KN95 mask while volunteering.
- Group sizes are limited to a maximum of 4 individuals in any given space at the same time. This means that larger volunteer groups are divided into smaller teams. Individual volunteers will never serve alongside more than 3 other volunteers at their station.
Requirements and Restrictions:
- All new volunteers are required to attend a brief 20 minute tour and orientation at Christ House prior to their first shift. Scheduling is flexible.
- Local individual volunteers are encouraged to serve at least once per week at the same time. Local volunteer groups, are encouraged to serve at least once per month at the same time. However, it is possible to sign up for shifts on an “as-needed” basis.
- Christ House is wheelchair accessible.
- Our address is 1717 Columbia Road NW, Washington DC 20009.
- We are not affiliated with Christ House Diocese in Alexandria, VA.
- If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 328-1100.