How can I help at Christ House?
Volunteers are a vital part of the Christ House community. They come from all across the globe as individuals or groups to give their time to Christ House.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Christ House requires volunteers to be fully vaccinated and masked the entire time they are inside the building. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
To volunteer as an individual in one of the positions listed below, or to suggest another way to contribute your time to Christ House, please complete an Individual Volunteer Application. Once we have received your application, our Volunteer Department will reach out to you. All volunteers are required to complete a brief orientation prior to volunteering.
Our Phone Volunteers answer phones, direct calls, and monitor our entrance at the nurses’ station on evenings and weekends. This role entails sitting alongside a member of our clinical staff and being a welcoming presence for our patients. We ask volunteers in this role to commit to volunteering at least twice a month.
- Description: Answer phones, monitor our secured entrance, and direct patient inquiries to the medical staff
- Location: Second floor nurses’ station at Christ House.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 5:30-8:00pm and Saturday-Sunday 11:00am-8:00pm (in shifts of 2-3 hours).
- Requirements: Must be at least 15 years old, comfortable working independently, and able to maintain confidentiality.
Food Services Volunteer
Food Services Volunteers assist with organizing and cleaning the kitchen, dining room, and pantry, serving meals to patients, and washing dishes on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Description: Clean and organize the kitchen, pantry, and dining room, serve meals to patients, wash dishes.
- Location: Christ House kitchen, dining room, and pantry.
- Schedule: Breakfast: 7:00-9:00am, Lunch: 11:00-1:00pm, Dinner: 5:00-7:00pm.
- Requirements: Must be at least 18 years old to assist in our kitchen. No underage individuals are allowed in the kitchen.