We are grateful to our generous donors who provide needed items for Christ House patients. In order to make the best use of our limited storage space and to ensure that patients have access to clothing and toiletries that they most urgently need, we have created the in-kind donation policy detailed below:
Christ House believes in providing all items in a condition that acknowledges the dignity of the individual receiving the item. Therefore, we only accept donations of brand new items with the exception of men’s sneakers, which can also be gently used. We believe our patients deserve the best and hope you will consider the message your donation sends to those receiving your items.
Donations are only accepted: Monday – Friday, 8:30AM-5:00PM
Our offices are closed on all federal holidays. If you have any questions regarding in-kind donations, please call (202) 328-1100 to verify that we can accept your donation.
Christ House keeps our Amazon Wish List up to date with our most needed items for our patients. Items purchased from our Wish List will be shipped directly to Christ House. To receive a donation receipt for your tax records, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your Amazon receipt. You can also view our Ongoing Needs below or give through our Amazon Wish List.
All clothing donations, with the exception of shoes, must be brand new and for adult males. If you have questions regarding in-kind clothing donations, please contact email@example.com.
Here are the items we currently accept:
- Baseball Caps
- Crewneck Sweatshirts
- Long Sleeve T-Shirts
- Pajama Pants – highest priority
- Short Sleeve T-Shirts (plain colors only, no logos)
- Sneakers / Tennis Shoes
- Slip-On Shower Shoes – highest priority
- Underwear Briefs
- White T-Shirts, Undershirts
Clothing Needs List – Download PDF
All items must be brand new and for adult males or gender-neutral. If you have questions regarding in-kind toiletry donations, please email us or call (202) 328-1100.
- Deodorant – highest priority
- Lotion – highest priority
- Razors – highest priority
- Shaving Cream
- Toothpaste – highest priority
We accept hot meals and specific ingredients. If you have questions regarding in-kind food donations, please contact Food Services Manager Colin Hammond at (202) 571-6860.
- Apple Sauce
- Canned Beans
- Canned Salmon or Tuna
- Canola Oil
- Chicken (no feet or innards)
- Dole Fruit Cups
- Dry Coffee Creamer
- Fresh Fruit
- Ground Beef
- Ground Coffee
- Ground Turkey
- Olive Oil
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Protein Powder
- Soybean Oil
- Whole Wheat Bread
Food Needs List – Download PDF
- SmarTrip® cards: A SmarTrip® card is a permanent, rechargeable card used to pay Metrorail and local bus system fares in Washington, D.C.
- Gift Cards: Target, Walmart, Starbucks, McDonald’s, or Amazon
- Books: Science-Fiction and Fantasy genres preferred
We do not accept the following items:
- Children’s clothes
- Used toiletries
- Furniture or household items
- Large quantities of hotel toiletries
- Medical items / supplies
- Suits, blazers, dress pants, dress shoes, large quantities of dress shirts or ties
- Women’s clothes
Alternative Organizations with In-Kind Needs – Download PDF
Christ House will provide tax receipts for donations as requested. To request a tax receipt for your donation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.