Director of Food Services
Christ House seeks a Director of Food Services. The Director of Food Services will lead a team in providing nutritious and well-balanced meals in a spirit of hospitality to medically vulnerable people.
The Director oversees and leads food service operations, which include:
- Planning and preparation of meals in accordance with dietary needs of medically vulnerable homeless adults, in coordination with medical staff
- Supervision of kitchen staff and volunteers
- Supervision of dining room service operations and volunteers
- Budget management
- Developing and implementing kitchen and dining room policies and procedures that promote safety, hospitality, and good health
- DC Food Handler license
- Minimum two years managing a professional kitchen including preparing food for large groups, food purchasing, budget management, staff supervision, menu planning and implementation.
Christ House offers excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution, 10 holidays per year, and accrued paid vacation and sick leave. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please forward your cover letter expressing your interest and resume to email@example.com.